- What does it mean to be organic? It means growing without chemical fertilizers and sprays in growing media and soils that have no chemical additives.
- What is certified organic - Certifying authorities such as BioGro NZ and Asure Quality audit organics producers to ensure that they manufacture products without any chemical contamination
- What are the best certified organic products to use for growing food? Living Earth products have been developed to ensure good healthy growth and add nutrients naturally to your garden and its plants.
Our Certified Organic products are:
- Organic Compost - a rich healthy brew of greens and browns (garden waste only) - dig it through the garden or your raised beds
- Organic Veggie Mix - a blend of our compost with added bark and pumice plus natural fertilizers - use to fill raised beds or top up the garden - just plant straight into it
- Organic Potting Mix - a special 'potting' blend of our compost with added bark and pumice plus natural fertilizers - use it in pots or planters
- Organic Liquid Compost - a fish based fertiliser, to be diluted with water that you can water around plants frequently
The most important thing to remember when growing organically is that your plants need to be healthy to ward off the effects of bad weather or pest and disease. It may also mean a greater tolerance of vegetables that are not 'supermarket perfect', but the taste will be more intense and flavoursome.